Friday, May 27, 2011

Rowan Elizabeth Logan

Rowan is a sweet little girl who loves to dance, laugh and cuddle at bed time. She's throwing a temper tantrum downstairs as a write this, but I guess that's what 3 1/2 year olds do from time to time.

Lately I've been pondering the vision of her wedding day. Who will she marry? Will I approve? Will it be spontaneous...or will she be very planned and calculated? Will he ask me for her hand in marriage...or will they elope?

One of my biggest questions is...who will handle the entertainment? Who will we hire to represent us and our entire family on one of the biggest days of our life? There's no way for me to know at this stage in the game, but I do know this...it's the most important aspect of her wedding day...of OUR wedding day. This person will be super cool, really good at what they do...and most importantly, they will be extremely prepared in understanding what we want and what we are all about.

A wedding reception is a celebration and by definition it's all about entertainment. I've never understood how a family can spend so much time, energy and money on a single day...yet put so little importance on the most important aspect of the entire celebration.

Bottom line...get the entertainment right...and you guarantee success.